We offer more than $50,000 in scholarships every year. Come see if you are eligible!
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PREMEDICAL and PREDENTAL STUDENTS
Thanks to the significant generosity of BYU alumni and their families, there are scholarship opportunities available to BYU premed and predental students. The number of scholarships awarded will depend upon available funds and an applicant’s qualifications. Merit, as well as financial need, will be used in consideration. Scholarships are available for BYU students who will be sophomores, juniors, or seniors for the 2023-2024 academic year.
To be eligible for one of the scholarships, the applicant must have the following:
- Completed at least 45 credit hours at BYU (this total does not include AP, concurrent enrollment, or transfer credits)
- Completed at least two semesters of general chemistry prerequisites (not eligible if currently enrolled in course but not yet completed and AP credit does not apply)
- A GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Must not have previously received a scholarship from the PPAC.
Scholarships can range from several hundred to more than $1,000.
In order to complete the application, you will need to:
- Download a copy of your AIM progress report for upload to the application.
- Provide a 300-500 essay addressing the following two items:
- Describe your motivation to attend medical or dental school and why you should be considered for a premedical or predental scholarship.
- Besides serving a mission, what have you been doing to learn about a population that is different from yourself?
- Provide information, including hours, demonstrating your prior and current involvement in areas necessary to prepare for medical school:
- Community Service
- Patient Exposure/Clinical Experiences
- If you would like to be considered for a financial need-based scholarship, you will need to upload a copy of your FAFSA to your application.
**The Deadline for Scholarship Applications to be received is February 3, 2023 at 5 p.m.**
Scholarship recipients are typically notified of their award by email mid to late March. Please let our office know if you have any further questions: email@example.com.
Please complete the scholarship application here:
APPLYING EXPENDITURE SCHOLARSHIPS: MD APPLICANTS ONLY
Through the generous support of donors, students who interviewed and were accepted to allopathic medical schools for the fall of 2023 are eligible to apply for this scholarship. These funds are for the purpose of reimbursing some of the expenses associated with applying to medical schools. Financial need may be considered when awarding these funds. Recipients must be currently enrolled BYU students and have at least one acceptance to an allopathic medical school (M.D.) in order to be eligible to receive funds (Dec 2022 and earlier graduates are not eligible to receive funding). Awards typically are around $1,000.
**The deadline for Hemming Scholarships to be received is March 10, 2023 at 5 p.m.**
The Hemming scholarship application will be available after Feb. 6, 2023.